CVE-2016-3427 vulnerability in Oracle Products
Published on April 21, 2016
Known Exploited Vulnerability
This Oracle Java SE and JRockit Unspecified Vulnerability is part of CISA's list of Known Exploited Vulnerabilities. Oracle Java SE and JRockit contains an unspecified vulnerability that allows remote attackers to affect confidentiality, integrity, and availability via vectors related to Java Management Extensions (JMX). This vulnerability can be exploited through sandboxed Java Web Start applications and sandboxed Java applets. It can also be exploited by supplying data to APIs in the specified component without using sandboxed Java Web Start applications or sandboxed Java applets, such as through a web servi.
The following remediation steps are recommended / required by June 2, 2023: Apply updates per vendor instructions.
CVE-2016-3427 can be exploited with network access, and does not require authorization privileges or user interaction. This vulnerability is consided to have a high level of attack complexity. It has an exploitability score of 2.2 out of four. The potential impact of an exploit of this vulnerability is considered to be critical as this vulnerability has a high impact to the confidentiality, integrity and availability of this component.
Products Associated with CVE-2016-3427
You can be notified by stack.watch whenever vulnerabilities like CVE-2016-3427 are published in these products:
What versions are vulnerable to CVE-2016-3427?
- Oracle Jrockit Version r28.3.9
- Oracle Java Development Kit (JDK) Version 1.8.0 update77
- Oracle Java Development Kit (JDK) Version 1.6.0 update113
- Oracle Java Development Kit (JDK) Version 1.7.0 update99
- Oracle Java Runtime Environment (JRE) Version 1.6.0 update113
- Oracle Java Runtime Environment (JRE) Version 1.7.0 update99
- Oracle Java Runtime Environment (JRE) Version 1.8.0 update77