CVE-2023-36802 vulnerability in Microsoft Products
Published on September 12, 2023
Known Exploited Vulnerability
This Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy Privilege Escalation Vulnerability is part of CISA's list of Known Exploited Vulnerabilities. Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy contains an unspecified vulnerability that allows for privilege escalation.
The following remediation steps are recommended / required by October 3, 2023: Apply mitigations per vendor instructions or discontinue use of the product if mitigations are unavailable.
CVE-2023-36802 is exploitable with local system access, and requires small amount of user privileges. This vulnerability is considered to have a low attack complexity. It has an exploitability score of 1.8 out of four. The potential impact of an exploit of this vulnerability is considered to be very high.
Products Associated with CVE-2023-36802
You can be notified by stack.watch whenever vulnerabilities like CVE-2023-36802 are published in these products:
What versions are vulnerable to CVE-2023-36802?
- Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Version -
- Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Version -
- Microsoft Windows 11 22h2 Fixed in Version 10.0.22621.2275
- Microsoft Windows 10 1809 Fixed in Version 10.0.17763.4851
- Microsoft Windows 10 22h2 Fixed in Version 10.0.19045.3448
- Microsoft Windows 11 21h2 Fixed in Version 10.0.22000.2416
- Microsoft Windows 10 21h2 Fixed in Version 10.0.19044.3448