CVE-2023-36761 vulnerability in Microsoft Products
Published on September 12, 2023
Known Exploited Vulnerability
This Microsoft Word Information Disclosure Vulnerability is part of CISA's list of Known Exploited Vulnerabilities. Microsoft Word contains an unspecified vulnerability that allows for information disclosure.
The following remediation steps are recommended / required by October 3, 2023: Apply mitigations per vendor instructions or discontinue use of the product if mitigations are unavailable.
CVE-2023-36761 can be exploited with network access, and does not require authorization privileges or user interaction. This vulnerability is considered to have a low attack complexity. It has the highest possible exploitability rating (3.9). The potential impact of an exploit of this vulnerability is considered to have a small impact on confidentiality, a small impact on integrity and availability.
Exposure of Resource to Wrong Sphere
The product exposes a resource to the wrong control sphere, providing unintended actors with inappropriate access to the resource.
Products Associated with CVE-2023-36761
You can be notified by stack.watch whenever vulnerabilities like CVE-2023-36761 are published in these products:
What versions are vulnerable to CVE-2023-36761?
- Microsoft Word Version 2013 sp1
- Microsoft 365 Apps Version - x64
- Microsoft 365 Apps Version - x86
- Microsoft Office Version 2019 x86
- Microsoft Office Version 2019 x64
- Microsoft Office Long Term Servicing Channel Version 2021 x64
- Microsoft Word Version 2013 sp1 x64
- Microsoft Word Version 2013 sp1 x86
- Microsoft Office Long Term Servicing Channel Version 2021 x86