CVE-2023-36563 vulnerability in Microsoft Products
Published on October 10, 2023
Known Exploited Vulnerability
This Microsoft WordPad Information Disclosure Vulnerability is part of CISA's list of Known Exploited Vulnerabilities. Microsoft WordPad contains an unspecified vulnerability that allows for information disclosure.
The following remediation steps are recommended / required by October 31, 2023: Apply mitigations per vendor instructions or discontinue use of the product if mitigations are unavailable.
CVE-2023-36563 can be exploited with network access, requires user interaction. This vulnerability is considered to have a low attack complexity. It has an exploitability score of 2.8 out of four. The potential impact of an exploit of this vulnerability is considered to have a high impact on confidentiality, with no impact on integrity and availability.
Products Associated with CVE-2023-36563
You can be notified by stack.watch whenever vulnerabilities like CVE-2023-36563 are published in these products:
What versions are vulnerable to CVE-2023-36563?
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Version r2 sp1 x64
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Version r2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Version -
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Version - sp2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Version -
- Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Version -
- Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Version -
- Microsoft Windows 10 22h2 Fixed in Version 10.0.19045.3570
- Microsoft Windows 10 1607 Fixed in Version 10.0.14393.6351
- Microsoft Windows 10 1809 Fixed in Version 10.0.17763.4974
- Microsoft Windows 10 21h2 Fixed in Version 10.0.19041.3570
- Microsoft Windows 11 21h2 Fixed in Version 10.0.22000.2538
- Microsoft Windows 11 22h2 Fixed in Version 10.0.22621.2428
- Microsoft Windows 10 1507 Fixed in Version 10.0.10240.20232