CVE-2023-32049 vulnerability in Microsoft Products
Published on July 11, 2023
Known Exploited Vulnerability
This Microsoft Windows Defender SmartScreen Security Feature Bypass Vulnerability is part of CISA's list of Known Exploited Vulnerabilities. Microsoft Windows Defender SmartScreen contains a security feature bypass vulnerability that allows an attacker to bypass the Open File - Security Warning prompt.
The following remediation steps are recommended / required by August 1, 2023: Apply updates per vendor instructions or discontinue use of the product if updates are unavailable.
CVE-2023-32049 can be exploited with network access, requires user interaction. This vulnerability is considered to have a low attack complexity. It has an exploitability score of 2.8 out of four. The potential impact of an exploit of this vulnerability is considered to be very high.
Products Associated with CVE-2023-32049
You can be notified by stack.watch whenever vulnerabilities like CVE-2023-32049 are published in these products:
What versions are vulnerable to CVE-2023-32049?
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Version -
- Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Version -
- Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Version -
- Microsoft Windows 10 1809 Fixed in Version 10.0.17763.4645
- Microsoft Windows 11 21h2 Fixed in Version 10.0.22000.2176
- Microsoft Windows 10 21h2 Fixed in Version 10.0.19041.3208
- Microsoft Windows 11 22h2 Fixed in Version 10.0.22621.1992
- Microsoft Windows 10 22h2 Fixed in Version 10.0.19045.3208
- Microsoft Windows 10 1607 Fixed in Version 10.0.14393.6085