CVE-2023-29336 vulnerability in Microsoft Products
Published on May 9, 2023
Known Exploited Vulnerability
This Microsoft Win32K Privilege Escalation Vulnerability is part of CISA's list of Known Exploited Vulnerabilities. Microsoft Win32k contains an unspecified vulnerability that allows for privilege escalation up to SYSTEM privileges.
The following remediation steps are recommended / required by May 30, 2023: Apply updates per vendor instructions.
CVE-2023-29336 is exploitable with local system access, and requires small amount of user privileges. This vulnerability is considered to have a low attack complexity. It has an exploitability score of 1.8 out of four. The potential impact of an exploit of this vulnerability is considered to be very high.
Products Associated with CVE-2023-29336
You can be notified by stack.watch whenever vulnerabilities like CVE-2023-29336 are published in these products:
What versions are vulnerable to CVE-2023-29336?
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Version r2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Version -
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Version - sp2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Version r2 sp1
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Version -
- Microsoft Windows 10 1607 Fixed in Version 10.0.14393.5921
- Microsoft Windows 10 1507 Fixed in Version 10.0.10240.19926