CVE-2023-28252 vulnerability in Microsoft Products
Published on April 11, 2023
Known Exploited Vulnerability
This Microsoft Windows Common Log File System (CLFS) Driver Privilege Escalation Vulnerability is part of CISA's list of Known Exploited Vulnerabilities. Microsoft Windows Common Log File System (CLFS) driver contains an unspecified vulnerability that allows for privilege escalation.
The following remediation steps are recommended / required by May 2, 2023: Apply updates per vendor instructions.
CVE-2023-28252 is exploitable with local system access, and requires small amount of user privileges. This vulnerability is considered to have a low attack complexity. It has an exploitability score of 1.8 out of four. The potential impact of an exploit of this vulnerability is considered to be very high.
Products Associated with CVE-2023-28252
You can be notified by stack.watch whenever vulnerabilities like CVE-2023-28252 are published in these products:
What versions are vulnerable to CVE-2023-28252?
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Version r2 sp1 x64
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Version r2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Version -
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Version - sp2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Version -
- Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Version -
- Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Version -
- Microsoft Windows 10 20h2 Fixed in Version 10.0.19042.2846
- Microsoft Windows 11 21h2 Fixed in Version 10.0.22000.1817
- Microsoft Windows 10 21h2 Fixed in Version 10.0.19044.2846
- Microsoft Windows 11 22h2 Fixed in Version 10.0.22621.1555
- Microsoft Windows 10 22h2 Fixed in Version 10.0.19045.2846
- Microsoft Windows 10 1809 Fixed in Version 10.0.17763.4252
- Microsoft Windows 10 1607 Fixed in Version 10.0.14393.5850
- Microsoft Windows 10 1507 Fixed in Version 10.0.10240.19869