CVE-2022-41082 is a vulnerability in Microsoft Exchange Server
Published on October 3, 2022
Microsoft Exchange Server Remote Code Execution Vulnerability.
Known Exploited Vulnerability
This Microsoft Exchange Server Remote Code Execution Vulnerability is part of CISA's list of Known Exploited Vulnerabilities. Microsoft Exchange Server contains an unspecified vulnerability which allows for authenticated remote code execution. Dubbed "ProxyNotShell," this vulnerability is chainable with CVE-2022-41040 which allows for the remote code execution.
The following remediation steps are recommended / required by October 21, 2022: Apply updates per vendor instructions.
CVE-2022-41082 is exploitable with network access, and requires small amount of user privileges. This vulnerability is considered to have a low attack complexity. It has an exploitability score of 2.8 out of four. The potential impact of an exploit of this vulnerability is considered to be very high.
Products Associated with CVE-2022-41082
You can be notified by stack.watch whenever vulnerabilities like CVE-2022-41082 are published in these products:
What versions of Exchange Server are vulnerable to CVE-2022-41082?
- Microsoft Exchange Server Version 2013 cumulative_update_23
- Microsoft Exchange Server Version 2016 cumulative_update_22
- Microsoft Exchange Server Version 2019 cumulative_update_11
- Microsoft Exchange Server Version 2019 cumulative_update_12
- Microsoft Exchange Server Version 2016 cumulative_update_23