CVE-2019-1388 vulnerability in Microsoft Products
Published on November 12, 2019
Known Exploited Vulnerability
This Microsoft Windows Certificate Dialog Privilege Escalation Vulnerability is part of CISA's list of Known Exploited Vulnerabilities. Microsoft Windows Certificate Dialog contains a privilege escalation vulnerability, allowing attackers to run processes in an elevated context.
The following remediation steps are recommended / required by April 28, 2023: Apply updates per vendor instructions.
CVE-2019-1388 is exploitable with local system access, and requires small amount of user privileges. This vulnerability is considered to have a low attack complexity. It has an exploitability score of 1.8 out of four. The potential impact of an exploit of this vulnerability is considered to be very high.
Improper Privilege Management
The software does not properly assign, modify, track, or check privileges for an actor, creating an unintended sphere of control for that actor.
Products Associated with CVE-2019-1388
You can be notified by stack.watch whenever vulnerabilities like CVE-2019-1388 are published in these products:
What versions are vulnerable to CVE-2019-1388?
- Microsoft Windows 10 Version -
- Microsoft Windows 10 Version 1607
- Microsoft Windows 10 Version 1709
- Microsoft Windows 10 Version 1803
- Microsoft Windows 10 Version 1809
- Microsoft Windows 10 Version 1903
- Microsoft Windows 7 Version - sp1
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 Version -
- Microsoft Windows Rt 8 1 Version -
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Version - sp2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Version r2 sp1 itanium
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Version r2 sp1 x64
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Version -
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Version r2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Version -
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Version 1803
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Version 1903
- Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Version -